I have noticed a predominantly pink theme in my latest photos: the "gleam" of Salmon skin, the overt pink assignment (using the pink lemonade bottle), and then Elise's pink raincoat for the "motion" assignment. Undeterred, I decided to photograph a pie that I made with "Pink Pearl Apples" from Kiyokawa Orchards, the southernmost farm on the Hood River Fruit Loop. I made this pie for my Dad's 70th birthday, which was earlier this week. Food photography is hard. I'm nowhere near the level of pictures that I see on blogs like smitten kitchen. One day! I liked how my photo of the Gravenstein apple pie turned out from a week ago, so I thought I'd try to photograph this pie with its unique red flesh apples
I guess if there is a month to overdose on pink, October -- being breast cancer awareness month -- is probably the best choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment